Championship Show 2019
The 2019 Championship Show took place at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on Sunday 7th April.
Dogs: Ms Janet Brooker (Biezjan)
Bitches: Mr Alan Cutter (Dapledan)
Referee: Mrs Ann Bell (Darlou)
BEST IN SHOW – Collett & Creamer, Mrs L M & Mr S J ‘FOALDOWN SECRET TRIBUTE
RESERVE BEST IN SHOW – Webb & Morgan Evans, L. ‘VANMORE WHAT A GUY’
BEST OPPOSITE SEX – Morgan Evans, Mr. L. ‘VANMORE MAPLE SYRUP’
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW – Cranfield, Miss. ‘ZEFATHERS SWEET CHILD O’MINE’
The Full Results of the 2019 Championship Show can be downloaded from the Library at:
Alan Cutter - Bitch judge:
South Western Great Dane Club Single Breed Championship Show. 17/04/2019
Thank you for inviting me to judge at this wonderful show. It was great to catch up with the officers & committee that I once worked alongside. As usual they put on a first class show. Thanks also to my stewards for their efficiency in keeping everything flowing. Lastly thank you to all the exhibitors for allowing me to go over their personal champions and the magnanimous way they accepted my decisions.
Of the bitches; there are some loose eyes, which is a concern to the KC. Some upright shoulders and straight stifles which effects extension and drive, but mouths were all good, temperament sound and some excellent young dogs who I am sure will advance this beautiful breed.
Minor Puppy bitch. (3)
1. Pocock, Miss & Mrs L. ‘TAMZDANE CINNDOUGHRELLA’ 6 months Harlequin. Nicely marked baby with a good head, correct dentition & tight eyes. Arched neck, wither, croup & tail set all in good order. Ample flat bone & well bodied up for her age. Sound movement. Will watch her development with interest.
2.Shadbolt, Mr I.M. & Mrs. S.C. ‘GREAT BELS GET DRESSED FOR SUCCESS AKURA. (IMP. DK.) 8 months. Another nicely marked Harlequin youngster. Feminine head with a correct bite, tight eyes & nice ear set. Straight front assembly with enough bone & knuckled feet. Hocks well let down. Moved soundly.
3.Searl, Miss H. ‘KAYCARO MEDIATOR’
Puppy bitch. (5)
1.Cranfield, Miss. ‘ZEFATHERS SWEET CHILD O’ MINE’ 11 months Fawn. Chiselled head with excellent dentition, a good stop & tight dark eyes. Her clean arched neck flowed across withers, level top line to croup which were all very good. Straight amply flat boned for quarters with good pasterns. Correct depth of brisket & good underline. Well laid shoulders & matching angulation to her rear assembly which had a nice bend of stifle with hocks well let down. Moved soundly in all directions.
Best Puppy Bitch & Best Puppy in Show.
2.Jacobs, Mr. P, Mrs. A, & Miss P. ‘VANMORE DIVA DANCER AT KAZABBIE ‘ 11 months Fawn. On another day these two bitches could & probably will change places. I liked them very much. Good head wit excellent bite, parallel planes. Dark eyes. Clean neck into well laid shoulders to a straight flat boned front assembly with good pasterns. Level top line. Correct depth of chest & a nice tuck up. Good width of thigh & hocks Hocks well let down. Moved well.
3.Kingsley, Mrs. K. ‘PENELOPE VON DEN BORKENER TURMEN AT DAINOAK (IMP. DEU.) T.A.F.’
Junior bitch. (8) 3
1.Morgan – Evans, Mr. L. ‘VANMORE MAPLE SYRUP ‘ 15 months Brindle. Lovely elegant bitch a beautiful head piece. Excellent dentition, dark eyes & a good ear set. The line of her clean arched neck flowed over her withers & level top line to a nice croup. Well laid shoulders & a straight amply boned front assembly finished. At firm pasterns & knuckled feet. Good depth & spring of rib. Wide 1st.& 2nd thigh. Good bend of stifle with nice hocks. Well handled, moved with extension & drive to win this class & Bitch CC. In the face off for top honours she was pipped for B.I.S. by her half-brother & for Res. B.I.S. by her litter brother. Well done to all concerned.
2.McLellan, Mrs. A. ‘ROUCANDANE PHOENIX RISING AT ANADAIN’ 14 months Fawn. Good head with parallel planes. Correct scissor bite & dark eyes. A clean neck into well laid shoulders. A straight well boned front assembly. Correct depth & spring of rib. Level top line & nice croup. Good width to thighs with hocks well let down. Moved soundly.
3.Southgate, Mrs. S. E. ‘EMPRESS ELIVIRA V ROSHERTA (IMP.)JW
Yearling bitch. (4)
1.Bithell, Mr. R.C. & Mrs. M. ‘CH. BOURNTWYN BY MY SIDE. JW’ 21 month Fawn. Another close decision between two very nice bitches. Lovely head, excellent dentition, dark tight fitting eyes. Nice ear set. Clean neck, good withers and level top-line held on the move. Matching angulation for and aft. Ample flat bone to both pasterns and hocks. Correct depth of chest and a nice underline. Well muscled rear assembly enabling very sound movement. One of several bitches I would have gladly owned and a worthy Champion.
2. Pendleton-Watkins, Ms. N. ‘ZEFATHER’S WHAT IT TAKES JW A’18’. 23 month fawn. Strong but feminine head with dark eyes, good stop and excellent bite. Arched neck, withers, top-line and croup all in good order. Ample flat bone. Correct pasterns and hocks well let down. Moved well.
3. Middleton, Miss. J. H. ‘TAYSCA MUST DE CARTIER AT DORNOIR’.
Novice Bitch (2) 1
1. Kingsley, Mrs. K. ‘PENELOPE VON DEN BORKENER TURMEN AT DAINOAK (IMP DEU) TAF. 9 months Harli. Well proportioned head. Correct scissor bite. Good pigmentation to nose and nice ear set. Neck, withers, top-line and croup all flowed together. Good angulation for and aft. Ample flat bone to pasterns and hocks. Tight knuckled feet. Moved soundly.
Post Grad Bitch (1)
1. Middleton, Miss J. H. ‘DAMARKANN ILLICIT LOVE’ 2 year old Harli. Nicely marked bitch, unfortunately ring shy; due I’m told, to some heavy handling. Well proportioned but not overdone head. Good scissor bite, dark eyes, showing no signs of looseness. Well boned straight front assembly with tight feet. Neck withers, level top-line and croup are good. Correct depth of brisket. Good width of thighs and bend of stifle with hocks well let down. Moved soundly.
Limit Bitch (4) 1
1. Morgan, Mrs. C. E. ‘SAMDICE IN YOUR HONOR (AI)’ 3 year fawn. Good head with dark tightly fitting eyes. Nice ear set and excellent scissor bite. Clean neck into well boned fore quarters and good pasterns. Correct depth of chest. Nice croup and hocks well let down. Moved soundly on knuckled feet.
2. Young, Mr. D. & Mrs P. ‘STPIRAN MONTESA’. 3 year brindle. Well proportioned head with excellent dentition. Clean neck into well laid front assembly with ample flat bone. Good depth and spring of rib. Nice bend of stifle with hocks well let down. Moved soundly.
Veteran Bitch (5) 3
1. Ingram, Lady. J. ‘DAINMAJIK THE SORCERESS ShCM’. Fawn 8 years young. Lovely head. Excellent scissor bite. Dark tightly fitting eyes and good ear set. Clean neck flowed over withers. A level top-line to a nice croup. Well laid shoulders to a straight flat boned front assembly with firm pasterns. Correct depth of rib and nice tuck up. Good width to 1st and 2nd thighs. Nice bend of stifle and sound hocks. Moved very soundly and could still show some younger exhibits how it’s done.
2. Kelleway, Mrs. S. ‘JAEMLUKS DANNIE OF CLUNTON’ 6 years Harli. Feminine head with good dentition and ear set, but a little loose in eye. Nice clean neck into well laid shoulders. Straight well boned front to good pasterns and knuckled feet. Correct depth and spring of rib. Well-muscled rear quarters assisted in sound movement. Nicely handled.
Special Open Fawn (2)
1. Ingram, Lady. J. ‘DAINMAJIK THE SORCERESS ShCM’ 1st in Veteran Bitch
2. White, Mrs. J. ‘SMALLTALL’S FAIRYTALE (IMP.NOR) 5 year fawn. Nice head with parallel planes. Good bite and ear set. Dark eyes with a little looseness. Clean arched neck which flowed across withers, level top-line and croup. Good depth of chest and good underline. Ample bone. Angulation for and aft. Out moved by class winner today.
Special Open Brindle (2)
1. Young, Mr. D & Mrs. P. ‘STPIRAN MONTESA’ 2nd in Limit Class.
2. Drew, Ms. M & Misses E & L. ‘LINDEEFAY THE SWEETEST LOVE J.W’ 3 and a half year light brindle. Good head with correct bite. Dark eyes and nice ear set. Clean neck, good withers, top-line and croup. Enough bone. A little ring shy and unsettled. Out moved by class winner.
Special Open Blue (2) 1
1. Middleton, Miss. J. H. ‘DORNOIR AIN’ 4 years blue. Feminine head with good bite, earset and tight eyes. Clean neck, level top-line and good croup. Ample flat bone, correct depth of brisket. Moved soundly.
Special Open Black (4)
1. Black, J & J. ‘BANDWAR TAYLOR MADE’ 2 and a half year black. Not the substance of some but well balanced. Good head. Excellent dentition, dark eye and nice ear set. Her clean neck flowed across the withers along a level top-line to a good croup. Good depth of chest, matching angulation for and aft with enough flat bone. Moved soundly in all directions and best mover in class.
2. Middleton, Miss. J. H. ‘TAYSCA MUST DE CARTIER AT DORNOIR’ 23 months. Balanced head. Correct scissor bite, dark, tight eyes and good ear set. Clean neck, good wither and top-line. Good depth of brisket. Enough bone. Although movement was ok, lost out to class winner.
3. Simpson, Mr. D. ‘RENESCENT MISS NAUGHTY’.
Special Open Harli (3) 1
1. Pocock, Miss T & Mrs L. ‘NL. CK. TAMZDANE CAKE MY DAY ‘BNLW19’ 2 year nicely balanced bitch. Lovely head. Black nose. Excellent dentition, dark eyes and good ear set. Clean neck into well laid shoulders to a straight and amply flat boned assembly with good pasterns. Withers, top-line and croup are very nice. Good brisket and underline. Matching angulation to rear quarters with good bend of stifle and hocks well let down. Covered ground effortlessly to win this class and open bitch and Res. CC.
2. Middleton, Miss. J. H. ‘DAMARKANN ILLICIT LOVE’ 1st in Post. Grad Class.
Open Bitch (5) 2
1. Pocock, Miss T & Mrs L. ‘NL. CK. TAMZDANE CAKE MY DAY ‘BNLW19’ 1st in Open Harli.
2. Simpson, Mr. D. ‘RENESCENT MISS NAUGHTY’ 2 years. Good head with parallel planes. Dark, tight eyes. Good ear set and correct scissor bite. Clean neck wither and top-line all in good order. Good depth of chest. Ample flat bone. Moved soundly.
3. Kingsley, Mrs. K. ‘DAINOAK AGENT PROVOCATEUR ShCM’
Mr Alan Cutter, Judge.
Jan Brooker - Dog Judge
I would like to thank the officers and committee for inviting me to judge at this very prestigious show. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I found myself having to make some hard choices because of the diversity in quality and type. I would also like to thank my very able steward, Malcolm , for making my task somewhat easier. Thanks also goes to my co judge, Mr Alan Cutter in agreeing that my best dog went through to BIS
I found some of the exhibits very disappointing, lacking the quality and type I was looking for. We still have the problem with straight upper arms and shoulders as well as steep croups, too much length with soft toplines. All of these faults affect correct balance and movement. I was however very pleased with my winners.
M/P: 1st. Black J&J, Culseandanes Lord Zeus to Bandwar. 8mnth harli boy, good overall outline although very raw. Correct head planes with dark eye and a good ear set, good bite. Long neck into well laid shoulders, would have preferred a better return of upper arm. level topline with good turn of stifle. Moved out well.
2nd. Ingram J. Allours Majik of Dainmajik. 8mnth harli, slightly heavier through than winner. Impressive head with lovely drop of lip, correct dentition. Clean through the shoulder with flat bone. Deep through the brisket, level topline flowing into a good croup and hind angulation. Moved ok.
3rd. Ash l. Blue Sun Leaf On The Wind.
Puppy: 1st. Hogarth P&M. Fendanesylcrest American Outlaw at Sunlind (imp USA) Well grown fawn lad with lots to like. Plenty of bone and substance. Balanced through the head with parallel planes, good depth to muzzle with square drop of lip. Dark eye with soft, melting expression, dark mask and correct dentition. Clean neck into shoulder with good depth of brisket, filled front. Level topline with good croup and second thigh. Moved out well covering the ground with ease. However..in the line up, I think he was on a different planet, really giving his handler a difficult time. When this boy ‘eventually clicks’ into show mode, I think he could be up there with the best. Best Puppy.
2nd. McLellen A. Tayhamblue Show Must Go On With Anadain. Unlucky to meet the winner here today. I am sure they will change places in the future. Very upstanding elegant fawn, slighter all through than winner. Correct head, flat skull and cheeks, dark eye with good ear carriage, dark mask with correct dentition. Long neck into well laid shoulders and firm topline flowing to a good croup set. Good turn of stifle, cover the ground well. Close decision.
3rd. Searle S. Kaycaro Mediator
Junior Dog. 1st. Collett & Creamer. Foaldown Secret Tribute. 16mnth. This handsome pale fawn boy had everything I was looking for. Full of breed type, balanced throughout with flowing lines. Impressive masculine headpiece, well chiselled, adding to his kind expression with strong jaw and square drop of lip, dark eye and correct dentition. Long muscled neck flows into well laid shoulders with clean flat bone. Good upper arm angulation placing his elbows well under with a filled front. Strong topline and croup with well developed second thigh and good turn of stifle.Well muscled and conditioned which made his movement ‘Poetry In Motion’, covering the ground effortlessly. For a youngster he carries himself very well, completely balanced and holding his topline on the move with correct forward reach and drive from well muscled quarters. Could have watched him all day. Thrilled to have awarded him the Dog CC and BIS.
2nd. Webb & Morgan Evans L&L. Vanmore What A Guy. 14mnth. dark brindle boy. Good balance to head, parallel lines, clean jawline, flat cheeks with dark eye and correct dentition. Long neck into well laid shoulders the return of upper arm could have more angulation, firm topline and croup. Filled front with deep brisket. Good second thigh. Held himself well on the move. Res CC.
3rd. Teese T&R. Fendanesylcrest American Son For Teeseedane. (imp USA).
Yearling. 1st. Bithell M&C. Bourntwy Rags To Riches. Upstanding fawn boy that really takes the eye. Impressive headpiece with correct parallel planes, good length and depth of foreface with dark eyes and mask with a correct bite. Clean long neck flowing into well laid shoulders with flat bone. Good return of upper arm to elbows with legs well under. Filled front with well sprung ribs level topline and good croup set. Moved out effortlessly but going away was just flicking out one forefoot. I was informed later that his sister had landed on him earlier. However I am sure he will have a bright future. I considered him for the res cc.
2nd. Seddon H. Zefather’s Freedom Fighter at Tanaya. Masculine, honest fawn boy. Balanced head with good length and depth of muzzle. Dark eye, correct dentition. Strong neck into shoulders, flat bone. Filled front with deep brisket, good spring of rib, level topline with good croup set. Moved out well.
Novice Same results as Puppy.
Post Graduate. !st. Holland M&A. Socar Nosey Parker at Dramalex. Fawn boy with good balance to head, dark eye with soft expression, correct bite. Good length of neck into well laid shoulders, good front with flat bone. Level topline, would prefer more angulation through the stifle, moved out ok lacked drive.
2nd. Hugill J. Shalrace The Maestro. Plenty of bone on this harli. Balanced head planes with good depth to muzzle and square drop of lip. Clean white neck flowing into well laid shoulders and firm topline. Croup a little steep but good through the stifle. Good spring of rib with elbows well under. Covered the ground well.
3rd. Shadbolt D. Acura Aerodynamic.
Limit Dog. 1st. Griffin and Grierson M & B. Griffindane Athos. This fawn boy has a lovely masculine head, flat cheeks, parallel lines with good drop of lip, dark eye and mask, correct dentition. Elegant neck into well laid shoulders with deep filled front, deep brisket with well sprung ribs. Solid topline with good croup, well developed second thigh which helped him move out well.
2nd. Newton L&O. Shlarra Smooth Mover jw. Upstanding, impressive fawn boy of 19mnths. Lovely male head with dark eye and soft expression. Parallel lines , flat bone with good jaw line and correct dentition. Good lay of shoulder and return of upper arm. Deep filled front, deep brisket with legs well under. Lovely turn of stifle and croup set. I would have preferred him a little shorter in the loin sometimes loosing his topline and making him unbalanced. Although he covered the ground efforlessly he was untidy in front going away he was throwing his elbows.
3rd. MacKenzie C. Carson Bootstrap Bill
Special Veteran. 1st. Flanagan J. Dainmajik The Enchanter For Soupury. 7yr old golden brindle boy. Sweet temperament on this old fella who so obviously still enjoys himself in the ring. Strong head with kind expression, lovely dark eye, good bite, deep through the muzzle, parallel lines with good stop. Strong neck into well laid shoulders, deep filled front with well sprung ribs. Topline ok but steep in croup which would have affected his hind movement. I am sure he enjoyed his day.
Special Open Fawn. 1st. Ryan O&D. Kierkane’s King Of Throne jw. I loved this fawn boy. Balanced head with correct parallel planes, dark eye, flat cheeks dark mask with correct bite. I liked his elegance and his classic shape. Long neck into correct shoulder angulation, level topline with a good croup. Deep through the brisket with elbows under. Good turn of stifle moved out covering the ground with ease. Well handled.
Special Open Brindle. 1st. Harrison B&D. Droolakiss Re Attraction Via Emaneaz, Well built 4yr old, Well balanced throughout with plenty of bone and substance. Slightly wide in backskull when viewed from the front. Dark eye with correct ear carriage and correct dentition. String,masculine neck into well laid shoulders. Firm topline and croup. Deep through the brisket with good spring of rib. Well angulated through the second thigh. Moved out well. Sorry you missed the line up.
2nd. Flanagan J. Dainmajik The Enchanter For Soupury. placed 1st in Veteran.
Special Open Blue. 1st. Pepper S.. Sarawen Archdeacon. Smart blue boy. Masculine well balanced head with broad muzzle, strong jaw with square drop of lip, parallel lines correct bite, flat skull with lovely expression. Strong, arched neck into clean, well laid shoulders with flat bone. Deep through the brisket with a well filled front. Strong topline and croup with a good turn of stifle. Moved out very well covering the ground freely.
Special Open Black. 1st Pepper S. Ch Danemoor Black Watche For Sarawen. 3yr old very upstanding boy, super condition and colour. Correct head with parallel lines, clean flat cheeks and drop of muzzle, good eye with a soft expression, correct dentition. Lovely clean neck into well laid shoulders, good ribbing with deep brisket. Level topline and croup with good quarters. Moved out very well.
2nd. MacKenzie C. Bootstop Bill. Slightly bigger lad than winner. Plenty of bone and substance. Strong, balanced head, good eye with correct bite. Well angulated fore and aft with deep girth and filled front. Good tuck up and second thigh. Moved out well with plenty of drive.
Special Open Harli. 1st. Pocock T. Tamzdane Oh My Apple Pie. 3 1⁄2 yr old harli boy, well marked with plenty of bone and substance. Well conditioned. Very upstanding lad full of ring presence. Strong head with more than enough jowel. Good clean neck into well laid shoulders. Strong topline and croup with deep brisket, well sprung ribs and good turn of stifle. Found him a tad straight in upper arm but moved out really well. Sympathetically handled.
2nd. Bollons I&J Day Sue Born Ready. 4 yr old, what a sweetheart, lovely balance to head with flat cheeks and parallel lines. Good eye and ear set with correct bite. Long neck into well laid shoulders and upper arm. Deep brisket with good ribbing and a strong topline good second thigh but slightly steep in croup. Moved out well.
3rd. Hugil J Shalrace The Maestr
Special Open Mantle. 1st. Kelleway S. Damatkann Marquisette. 28th month mantle, strong masculine lad. Head on I found him a bit ‘cheeky’ but ok profile, good ear carriage with correct dentition. Long neck into well laid shoulders with good return of upper arm, deep through the rib cage. Well set croup and turn of stifle. Moved out well.
Open Dog 1st, Seddon H. Tenaya CherokeeLone Wolf. Strong fawn lad with plenty of bone and substance. Balanced head with good proportions, flat skull, dark eye, correct bite, soft expression. Strong throught the neck and shoulder, deep chest with filled front Strong neck into shoulder, deep chest with filled front, level topline good set on croup with good turn of stifle, Moved ok
2nd. Teese T Teeseedane Raghnarr. Very upstanding brindle boy 4yrs old. Balanced, Masculine head of good proportions with well set ears of good size. Dark eye and muzzle with correct dentition. Long neck into well laid shoulders, deep brisket with well sprung ribs.Good topline which he kept on the move, strong second thigh. Moved out well.
Judge Jan Brooker